Sunday, March 27, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
1)Looking forward to having my dear friend Heidi and her kiddos over to play
2)I'm excited to see The Lincoln Lawyer with some girlfriends
3)Been wondering these last few days if I will EVER lose the last 15 pounds from Miss Jilian!
4)Been a little bummed since the SUN hasn't been around much these last few days, weeks, months. It is HARD to live in Oregon, but I do LOVE it!
5)Making a conscious choice to focus on my blessings
6)"Worry about nothing, pray about everything", life lesson I am learning to live by.
7)Eager to make an Easter banner using vintage postcard reproductions
8)Been working on a blog and Etsy store for my business... Little Birdie & Me
9)Been day dreaming about a make over for Grace's room
This picture, Pottery Barn Kids, is part of my inspiration. I'm thinking I'll paint a similar tree over her bed.
10)Started educating myself more about the use of GMOs and hormones in our food, scary! Will be sharing my findings soon.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Got to have glitter!
Some fun ideas for St. Patrick's Day:
1) Tonight after the little ones are in bed, "steal" a pair of shoes and fill them with green treats and gold coins
2) For lunch tomorrow, make a sandwich then cut it using a Shamrock cookie cutter
3) Fill their lunch with green foods or use green containers. Include a note on a paper Shamrock or a green napkin
4) Before they use the bathroom, sneak in a few drops of green food coloring in the toilet water
5) Turn their milk green with green food coloring (just this once won't hurt)
6) Have corned beef, cabbage and Irish soda bread for dinner
7) Click HERE to see what I did for the girls last year.
These little things just make life more fun and brighten their day!
Just for fun I'll be joining in for Totally Toddler Thursday over at Toddler Awesome!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Mini Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
2 cups flour
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 cups blueberries
Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl stir together flour, ¾ sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, stir together sour cream, butter, egg and vanilla until well blended. Mix the dry ingredients into the sour cream mixture and stir. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, adjust time depending on the size of your muffin. Cool for about 5 minutes. Makes approximately 12 regular size muffins or 24 mini muffins. I like the mini muffins they are great for a snack!
Note: This recipe comes from More Muffins 72 Recipes for Moist, Delicious, Fresh-Baked Muffins by Barbara Albright and Leslie Weiner