Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

From the fields to the table...

A few weeks ago (already!) the girls and I went strawberry picking at Jaquith Strawberry Farm. It was a lot of fun and yummy! Once we got the berries home we made jam and strawberry pie. There is something so fulfilling about preparing foods from starch.








Strawberry Jam Recipe

5 cups prepared fruit
7 cups sugar
1 box Sure-Jell

Prepare jars and lids. Boil water in canner or large pot.

To prepare fruit, crush about 4 pt. fully ripe strawberries.

Measure prepared fruit into a 5-6 quart saucepan. Measure sugar into bowl; set aside.

Place pan holding fruit over high heat. Add Sure-Jell, stir until mixture comes to a hard boil. Add sugar at once.

Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat, skim, pour quickly in to jars. Put jars in boiling hot water or canner for 10 minutes. Let jars stand 24 hours. Makes about 6 eight-ounce jars.

3 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

I'll take a batch of each. Thanks. ;)

Sarah Ondracek said...

Sarah, we made raspberry and strawberry jam a few days ago too!!! I made freezer jam so the recipe isn't the same but close:) Yum, yum!!!

Tammy Williams said...

I really have to get brave enough to use a recipe sometime. Seems like I never have enough time to devote to any form of baking or cooking. Poor Jeremy....haha....my Jeremy that is:)