Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yummy cookies!

I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm trying to loose those last few pounds of "baby weight" and I can't stop baking cookies! I don't usually eat the cookies, I eat the dough (no, I'm not afraid of raw eggs, I've made it thus far!). So, now that I am baking cookies on a regular basis, when ever the poor cookie jar is empty, I thought I would share one of our favorites. Enjoy!



White Chocolate Walnut Cookies

2 ¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz. Package) White Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (since macadamia nuts are so expensive I use walnuts)

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Sounds yummy! Though I'd be substituting pecans for the walnuts... my mouth gets mad at me when I have walnuts. :) Looks so tasty!!!

Russell Family said...

I have been wanting to bake cookies a lot lately too! And since Alexis has helped me the last couple of times she keeps asking me to roll balls. :) your cookies look yummy!

Susan said...

I love baking cookies. These will be on my list for next week. Thanks for sharing the recipe.