Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Treat Tuesday - Oatmeal Cookies

I've been making these oatmeal cookies since junior high! I think the recipe first came from the Quaker Oatmeal Box. They are easy and yummy! I enjoy adding different things to change up the cookies. For example, last week I added chocolate chips and pecans, yummy but rich! I hope you enjoy!


This time I added butterscotch chips


Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
Optional add-ins, 1 cup cranberries and 1 cup white chocolate chips OR 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup coconut OR 1 cup raisins OR 1 cup butterscotch chips OR 1 cup chocolate chips OR you get the idea! ;-)

PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
COMBINE In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Add oats; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
BAKE 10 to 11 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

*NOTE* If you do add in chocolate chips etc. stir them in by hand, it keeps the dough from getting tough.

No comments: