Steps (pictures below):
- Cut tissue paper to desired size, in the shape of a rectangle. Keep in mind the larger the rectangle the larger the pompom or the smaller the rectangle the smaller the pompom.
- Layer the tissue paper; the more layers the thicker the pompom. You can do different colors every couple layers for a multi-colored pompom or just use one color tissue paper for a solid color pompom.
- Fold the tissue paper accordion style, just like making a paper fan.
- Tie a small piece of ribbon in the center of the accordion folded tissue you paper.
- On both ends place a piece of double-sided tape and fold the ends together. Your folded tissue paper should now look like a circle.
- Slowly and gently pull apart the layers of the tissue paper.
- To hang tie a piece of ribbon or fishing line to the ribbon at the center. You can also tie it to branches. I made this blue one for Jilian’s room and tied it to a branch.