Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A laundry system that works!


I don’t know about you but doing laundry and actually being on top of it has always been a struggle. We when we were first married I was able to get it all done on one day. But as you well know, when children come long that changes FAST! I was stubborn and it took me several years before I accepted that one laundry day wasn’t going to work. I didn’t want to accept that I should really do it every day. Finally I gave in and started doing a load every day but even then I would get behind. I wouldn’t get the clothes folded and put away quickly enough. Laundry is a hot spot for me. If I see clothes on the floor, dirty or clean, I feel stressed! It is one area that if it is complete I can feel some level of accomplishment. I needed to find a system that worked. This last Spring Break I developed a system that works and I have been on top of the laundry ever since.

1) Wash at least one load of laundry every day (depending on the needs of your family), except Sundays, a day of rest.

2) As soon as the wash is done, put it in the dryer to prevent that awful musty smell.

3) When the first load is almost dry start the next load. This too helps prevent the wet cloths setting too long as they wait for the dryer.

4) Fold the clothes as you take them out of the dryer and place in a laundry basket.

5) Carry the basket with you as you put the clean laundry in its place. If your kiddos put away their own clothes, leave their clothes for them on their bed or another spot where they will see them.

The system is actually very simple, it just requires you to follow through and not use the “I’ll do it later” excuse.



I'm linking up at:

No comments: