Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Heart-Shaped Crayons

A few months ago Jilian and I made our first batch of homemade crayons. With Valentine's Day approaching I thought what better time to share, since we made them heart-shaped!

It was a very simple process and easy enough for Jilian to help out. It even provided an opportunity for Jilian to practice her colors and sorting skills. :-)






Preheat your oven to 250

Unwrap your crayons, broken pieces are the best

Sort the crayons by color or mix to make rainbow crayons

Place into muffin tins. I used a heart shaped silicone muffin tin. If you are using metal, spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

Let cool and pop out your new crayons.

I just read a great idea online! Melt the old crayons, in a glass dish, either in the microwave or oven then pour into candy molds. There are so many fun candy molds out there, just think of the fun crayons you can make!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

We did that at Christmas time and gave them as gifts.

Heidi Boos said...

I've always wanted to try this...Jilian looks so happy doing fun stuff with her momma! ;)

Russell Family said...

Great idea!

Lori said...

We are doing this next week! We are on rainbows, so rainbow crayons it is! Love it!