Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Treat Tuesday - Mini Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins

I haven't shared a new recipe for Treat Tuesday in a long time. I made these muffins a few weeks ago, using some of our frozen berries from last Summer. My girls LOVED them and have been asking for them! I figure when the kids love them, they must be a winner and the recipe needs to be shared! :-)

Mini Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins

2 cups flour
¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl stir together flour, ¾ sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, stir together sour cream, butter, egg and vanilla until well blended. Mix the dry ingredients into the sour cream mixture and stir. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of sugar.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, adjust time depending on the size of your muffin. Cool for about 5 minutes. Makes approximately 12 regular size muffins or 24 mini muffins. I like the mini muffins they are great for a snack!

Enjoy!

Note: This recipe comes from More Muffins 72 Recipes for Moist, Delicious, Fresh-Baked Muffins by Barbara Albright and Leslie Weiner

1 comment:

Mrs. McDonough said...

Just finished up baking a batch of these muffins. SO DELICIOUS! Sarah, thank you so much for sharing this recipe. My family gobbled them right up (okay, maybe I played a large part in that, too). :)