Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Treat Tuesday - Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

As I've mentioned before when the cookie jar is empty, it makes me sad! Each week I'm baking or making some sort of treat for my family to fill the jar. When it is a treat I haven't shared before, I'll be sure to share it on "Treat Tuesday".

Enjoy!



This recipe does have a lot of ingredients, but boy are they YUMMY!

Ingredients

2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.On waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3.In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter, peanut butter, and sugars until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in corn syrup, vanilla, then eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. At low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl. Cover and refrigerate dough 30 minutes for easier shaping.
4.Shape dough by rounded measuring tablespoons into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place balls, 2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. With floured tines of fork, press and flatten each ball, making a crisscross pattern. Bake cookies 12 to 13 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.

*Note* This recipes comes from Good Housekeeping Favorite Recipes - Cookies!

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Might as well make a double batch each week and send them my way. ;)

However, having the cookie jar empty would only mean one thing - I ate them all!! And, that right there is NOT a good thing. ;)

Lilly's Home Journal said...

I love, love, love Peanut butter cookies!!! They are my all time favorite!
Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Have a happy day!
Lilly