Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Yummy Sweet Potatoes!

I first had these sweet potatoes last year at a Thanksgiving potluck, they were SO yummy I had to have the recipe. Fortunately my friend was willing to share! :-) They are SO good they are hard to stop eating. Enjoy!



Sweet Potato Recipe:

2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (1 LARGE yam)
3/4c. melted butter
3/4c. sugar
2 eggs
1/2c. milk
1/2tsp. cinnamon
1/2tsp. nutmeg

Combine these ingredients and bake for 20 minutes (or until firm) at 400 degrees

3/4c. crushed cornflakes
1/2c. brown sugar
6T. melted butter
3/4c. chopped pecans (I used walnuts this time and it was just as yummy)

Combine these and sprinkle on top of baked potato mixture then bake 10
more minutes

No comments: