Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, February 28, 2011

What's for dinner?

Just for fun I thought I would share my menu plan for this week:

Monday: Enchiladas and beans (trying a recipe from one of my new followers Shabby Soul

Tuesday: Salmon patties with hollandaise sauce, red potatoes and green beans

Wednesday: Sausages with caramelized onions and coleslaw

Thursday: Split pea soup with homemade bread

Friday: Spaghetti, salad and garlic bread

Saturday: Frozen pizza (I will be gone for dinner, that's simple for daddy to do!)

Sunday: Breakfast (I keep Sunday dinner simple, it is a day of rest)

I blogged once before about my weekly menu calendar ($1 at JoAnn's) I LOVE it but ran out of pages! JoAnn's doesn't seem to be carrying it so I decided to create my own (I'm too cheap to pay more than a $1 for a new one!) ;-) If you would like a copy of it feel free to download one HERE.

Just a couple tips: Plan ahead, for example I'm baking the bread for Thursday's dinner, so I wrote on Wednesday to bake the bread. Look at your whole week and take note of when you might be gone (plan something simple for the family) or having dinner outside the home. On the "To Do" line I give myself a little reminder, such as pray, have patience, be joyful, count my blessings and so on. I'm visual and these little reminders help throughout the day.

Happy eating! :-)

2 comments:

Shabby Soul said...

Looking forward to hearing how you liked the enchiladas!

Heidi Boos said...

Good for you, Sarah! Meal planning is definitely worth it...so why can't I do it on a regular basis?! ;)