Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The 4th of July (a little after the fact...)

This year we decided to organize a good old fashioned block party for the 4th of July. I typed up some simple invites and the girls and I spent an afternoon, walking around our block inviting the neighbors. We encouraged them to come and invite friends and family. We had a great turn out! I was thrilled! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, visiting and eating of course. The night was finished off with fireworks. It was neat to see new relationships forming and some neighbors have even gotten together for dinner since then, pretty cool, I think. We hope to do it again next year.

Before the festivities I cornered the girls for some quick pictures.




The block party, stationed in front of our house. It was SO HOT that day, unusual for Oregon!



There were tons of kids! We got permission from the city to close our street. It was great, the kids could run free with new worries about cars.





Me and my girls




My husband loves to play! (I had a hard time getting good pictures of the fireworks, but you get the idea)




No comments: