Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Picking and Pumpkin Donuts, YUM!

Grace didn't have school today so we set off to Beilke Family Farm to pick some apples. It is a great place to get yummy apples. We had lots of fun being silly, picking (and eating!) the apples.





(photographer: Jilian)













After loading our apples in the car we went straight to EZ Orchards Farm Market for some fresh made pumpkin donuts. DELICIOUS! We bought a dozen and they are already gone! :-)


















Now my plans for all those apples...apple butter, applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp and I really need to find a pumpkin donut recipe! ;-)

2 comments:

Jamie Swan said...

Looks like a great outing! I love the local-ness of picking your own apples. I went with Lorraine to pick our own blueberries one year. All those food miles and stuff; its great when you know produce can come from around the corner!

Russell Family said...

Looks like fun!! I might have to get your apple butter recipe from you! I love apple butter!