Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

A moment of JOY and... more matchboxes

So Tuesday morning I woke and declared to myself, "today, I am going to have a good day!" I have been feeling overwhelmed with my Christmas and daily to-do lists and wanted to experience JOY. It was so simple really, I consciously made the choice to focus on Christ, to ponder the reason we are celebrating and to listen to worship Christmas music. A funny thing happened, even though I was washing dishes, sewing a Christmas gift while helping Jilian, doing laundry and on and on. I had one of the BEST days I have had in a really long time! I experienced JOY and it was so simple. I just had to choose to keep my mind centered on Christ and not on the to-do list and the next thing to be done and to accept the fact that there will be interuptions (from little people). I share this to offer encouragement. We expect so much of ourselves this time of year and others expect a lot of us. But if we choose to keep our mind on the "reason for the season" then we can enjoy it, not survive it.

Matchbox #12 comes from Bonnie at Bonnie Lass' Art Cafe.


Matchbox #13 was made by Wendy at Stitch Duchess' Crazy and Sane Quilting World


Matchbox #14 was made by JoAnne at Vintage Dragonfly


Matchbox #15 comes from Jenna at Corgi Pants



Thanks to Genie from Buttons for Baga I now know the creator of matchbox #7! She too received a matchbox from Marcia over at Vintage French Hen and recognized the stamped cloth. Thank you Genie for helping me out and thank you Marcia for the beautiful matchbox!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Such sweet matchboxes! Thanks for sharing them!

Lisa Grace said...

Thanks for stopping by Graceful Abandon; enjoyed finding your blog. I love creative ideas!