Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Laundry Room Clean Up...

My laundry often becomes the "drop zone" for random items! This morning when starting a load of laundry I finally felt motivated to clean up the poor laundry room, probably because the SUN is shining! :-)

Before

A bag of hand-me-down clothes (thanks Kelly), Christmas items that need to be packed a way, a new bottle of bleach, clothes to be washed, items that need to be donated...dust...


The utility sink...needs a washing...paint brushes that have been drying for...ah...a couple months!


After

Oh..SO much better! This pictures brings me peace! :-) The basket on the dryer does belong there, a catch-all basket for dirty kitchen towels, random dirty socks found throughout the house...


Freshly dusted windowsill


Cleaned utility sink...and I put the paint brushes away!


Clean work space...the vintage bread tin holds my wash rags, tucked inside the large white tin are my supplies for making laundry soap, the small white tin holds the laundry soap, the vintage cracker tin serves as a trash can and the small bowl (I made years ago when I took a pottery class) catches all the random things I find in pockets.


Before

A VERY overloaded "junk" drawer


After

Much better, half the stuff could be tossed or didn't even belong there!


My next step...KEEP IT THIS WAY!!

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, you know how much I love a good before and after...this is great, Sarah!! Way to go on getting motivated to do some cleaning and purging. I really need to work on my laundry (that's an understatement). Your is so much bigger!! I'm jealous of the counter! :)

Heidi Boos said...

And by work on my laundry...I meant laundry ROOM. :)