Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday



Here I am again sharing for Vintage Thingies Thursday over at Colorado Lady's. This time I decided to share a set of blue and white trivets that I was given from my mom, they were originally my great-grand mother's. Since I love the blue and white combination, which is common amongst the Danish, my mom passed them on to me. I never use them as I would hate to break them so they hang on my kitchen wall (the two rectangle ones).





Taking this picture of the markings on the back inspired me to do a quick search online. I discovered that Villeroy and Boch was (is) a company from Dresden, Germany and that items with this marking were made between 1874-1909. Pretty cool!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

How beautiful! I love how you displayed them on your wall. The yellow background really shows them off!

marian said...

they look fabulous displayed on the wall with all your other lovely b&w dishes :)))

LV said...

You have some very nice treasures there. They are so pretty and look nice on how you have them displayed. I am currently using and have them a long time, Villeroy Boch dishes. They have been discontinued for a long time.

Postcardy said...

I've never seen trivets like yours. They look nice displayed with all the other blue and white things.

★Carol★ said...

Wow, those are beautiful, and they look so great on that wall with the blue and white plates! What a great keepsake of your Grandma's!
Happy VTT!
Carol

Coloradolady said...

What beautiful dishes, and they make a beautiful wall display...I love how they look. Thanks for sharing, and showing the mark...Have a great VTT!

concretenprimroses said...

Love how the blue and white look on your wall. Nice that you have this family piece. I wonder how many of us vintage lovers have yellow kitchens, a lot I bet (me included).
Kathy

Jocelyn said...

Very beautiful pieces. I love how they are displayed.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Heidi Boos said...

What great treasures to cherish for years to come and now you can pass them onto your girls. Very special!!

Ruby said...

Very pretty! I love blue and white and family heirloom,too! Thanks for sharing.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

lovely plates.. blue & white always good combo.. and even look better with yellow walls!.. thanks for sharing and have a good weekend!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Thank you for sending me the link to this post! I love it. Those rectangular pieces are amazing! I love the arrangement you created on your wall with them. I love adding different shapes to wall arrangements and plate groupings I do for my clients and myself...it adds so much visual interest. You did a great job and have a nice, and meaningful, collection. I have a few V & B transferware pieces in my collection. They produced so many beautiful wares.

Thanks again!

Nancy