Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Simple and easy monogrammed blanket


For Christmas this year I made my two nephrews monogrammed blankets. These are super easy to make and fast too!

I cut a large piece of blue fleece, approximately 1.5 yards.

Next I took two strips of red felt to create my "T" monogram. For another a more difficult letter print out a letter in Word at about 300% to use as a pattern.

Wonder Under is AWESOME! And makes projects like this SO much easier! Follow the directions on the packaging to iron your letter to the fleece. Surprisingly felt and fleece can hold up to an iron, just don't keep the heat on their too long.

I cut out a train from some fabric I had on hand to make my embellishment and also used Wonder Under to adhere it to the fleece.

Once the monogram and train were ironed on I machine stitched around the edges.

Ta Da! That is all! Fleece doesn't fray so you don't have to hem it unless you would like to.

Linking up to...
Photobucket

No comments: