Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Thanksgiving

This year we went up to Renton Washington to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family. We had a very relaxing day and ate some yummy food, of course!


While waiting for the turkey I got an idea to make a family of hand turkeys. The girls have made them over the years but Jeremy and I never had. It was fun to see all our hands together. Much to my surprise Jeremy really got in to it and even colored his own turkey!


Grace also drew a great turkey and wiped out this poem in a matter of minutes! I was impressed, creative writing has never been my strength!


November 24, 1621

Oh the Mayflower looking so great,
Ready to float with us like a freight.

As the Indians cover their mouths for a noise,
'Cause we're getting to rejoice!

What are we going to rejoice?
What are we going to rejoice?

This great Thanksgiving Day,
To the Lord that we pray!
(for)

Mashed potatoes with gravy,
Buttered corn so nice and glazy!

Warm apple and pumpkin pie fresh from the oven,
Then you push yourself back from the table and say
I can't take nothin'!

Nice warm delicious stuffing,
AND A BIG TURKEY SO GOOD AND FLUFFY!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: