Welcome

I have entered the world of blogging! My purpose? To stay connected to friends and family and invite you into my world. A world filled with fun, tears, laughter, excitement, elation, disappointment and all the blessings of being a mother and wife.

Monday, May 28, 2012

'tis the season for strawberries!

Oh, yummy, yummy strawberries, one of the best treats of summer! 


Back when I was in college my friends (Hi Jamie :-) and I took cooking and baking classes for fun. It was a great way to forget about the stress of school, taste new foods and enjoy good company. My favorite class was a quick breads class. We learned how to make several quick breads and muffins. The most delicious recipe (my favorite of course!) is Narragansett Strawberry Bread. With strawberries just coming into season, this is the best time to make this seriously yummy bread! Enjoy!


Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped strawberries
Milk, enough to make a stiff batter

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until light. Add egg, flour, baking powder, cornmeal, salt, walnuts and enough milk to make a stiff batter. Gently fold in strawberries. Pour into an 8" or 9" baking lightly greased baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until an toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.

1 comment:

Russell Family said...

Looks yummy! I am going to have to try this recipe :)